- Engine Type: Yamaha F300XCB2 DEC Four Stroke
- Horsepower: 300 hp
- Cylinders: 6 cyl
- Shaft Length: 25″
- Controls: Command Link Control Digital
- Steering: Remote Hydraulic
- Starter: Electric
- Weight: 562 lbs
- Full Throttle Range: 5000 – 6000 rpm
- Displacement: 4169cc
- Induction System: EFI
- Warranty: 3 years
*Prop not included.
- Power trim & tilt, white cowling, and owner’s manual
Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. hereby warrants that new Yamaha 1999-or-later model four-stroke outboard motors will be free from defects in material and workmanship for the period of time stated herein, subject to certain stated limitations.
PERIOD OF WARRANTY. Any new Yamaha 1999-or-later model four-stroke outboard motor purchased and registered with Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. for pleasure use in the UnitedStates, will be warranted against defects in material or workmanship for a period of three (3) years from the date of purchase, subject to exclusions noted herein. Any Yamaha outboard motor purchased and utilized for commercial applications will be warranted for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase, subject to exclusions noted herein. Yamaha peripheral equipment included with the motor, such as gauges, fuel tanks, and hoses, remote control boxes, and wiring external from the motor unit, will be warranted for one (1) year from the date of purchase of either pleasure or commercial use. Replacement parts used in warranty repairs will be warranted for the balance of the applicable warranty period.
The second and third year of warranty (if applicable) shall be limited to covering the cost of parts and labor for major components only. The major components covered are:
Power Unit Section
- Power Head
- Intake Manifold
- Carburetor Assembly and its Related Components
- Fuel Injection System and its Related Components
- Fuel and Oil Pump Assemblies
- Ignition System (Standard and Microcomputer)
Lower Unit Section
- Exhaust System
- Bracket System
- Upper Casing
- Power Trim and Tilt Assembly
- Lower Unit Assembly
- Bracket System
- Power Trim and Tilt Assembly
WARRANTY REGISTRATION. To be eligible for warranty coverage, the outboard motor must be registered with Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. Warranty registration can be accomplished by any authorized Yamaha Outboard Motor Dealer. Upon receipt of the registration, an Owner’s Warranty Card will be sent by Yamaha to the registered purchaser.
OBTAINING REPAIRS UNDER WARRANTY. To receive repairs under this warranty, a valid Owner’s Warranty Card must be presented to an authorized Yamaha Outboard Motor Dealer. During the period of warranty, any authorized Yamaha outboard dealer will, free of charge, repair or replace, at Yamaha’s option, any parts adjudged defective by Yamaha due to faulty workman-ship or material from the factory. All replaced parts will become the property of Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A.
CUSTOMER’S RESPONSIBILITY. Under the terms of this warranty, the customer will be responsible for ensuring that the outboard motor is properly operated, maintained, and stored as specified in the applicable Owner’s Manual. The owner of the outboard motor shall give notice to an authorized Yamaha Outboard Motor Dealer of any and all apparent defects within ten (10) days of discovery and make the motor available at that time for inspection and repairs at the dealer’s place of business.
GENERAL EXCLUSIONS FROM WARRANTY. This warranty will not cover the repair of damage if the damage is a result of abuse or neglect of the product. Examples of abuse and neglect include, but are not limited to:
- Racing or competition use, modification of original parts, abnormal strain.
- Lack of proper maintenance and off-season storage as described in the Owner’s Manual; installation of parts or accessories that are not equivalent in design and quality to genuine Yamaha parts.
- Operation of the motor at an rpm other than specified, use of lubricants or oils that are not suitable for outboard motor use.
- Damage as a result of accidents, collisions, contact with foreign materials, or submersion.
- Growth of marine organisms on motor surfaces.
- Normal deterioration.
SPECIFIC PARTS EXCLUDED FROM WARRANTY. Parts replaced due to normal wear or routine maintenance such as oil, spark plugs, shear pins, propellers, hubs, fuel and oil filters, brushes for the starter motor and power tilt motor, water pump impellers, and anodes, are not covered by warranty.
Charges for removal of the motor from a boat and transporting the motor to and from an authorized Yamaha Outboard Motor Dealerare excluded from warranty coverage.
Specific parts excluded from the second and third year of warranty (if applicable) are:
- Top and Bottom Cowling
- Electric Components (other than ignition system)
- Rubber Components (such as hoses, tubes, rubber seals, fittings, and clamps)
TRANSFER OF WARRANTY. Transfer of the warranty from the original purchaser to any subsequent purchaser is possible by having the motor inspected by an authorized Yamaha OutboardMotor Dealer and requesting the dealer to submit a change of registration to Yamaha Motor Corporation, U.S.A. within ten (10)days of the transfer.